All the Best YouTube Downloader
Your smarter way to save videos from YouTube and other websites!
Simultaneously download multiple videos or entire playlists in desired format & quality
Works with 99% of websites: YouTube, Vimeo, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Netflix, Blip.TV, EarthCam…
Does not install or require any drivers, services, browser extensions or plugins!
Get Internet Video Downloader here! Get Live Video Downloader here! Get YouTube Video Downloader here! Get FLV Video Downloader here! Get Flash Video Downloader here! Get Movie Downloader here! Get Silverlight Downloader here! Get QuickTime Downloader here! Get Real Media Downloader here!
Save Videos from YouTube with YouTube Downloader
In addition to saving videos simply by having them played out in your web browser; you can save YouTube videos with integrated YouTube Video Downloader!
Downloading YouTube videos directly with integrated downloader, as opposed to capturing them from your web browser has several advantages:
- You can save multiple videos in one batch
- You can download entire playlists, courses, and even whole channels (all user's videos)
- You can specify the quality and format you prefer
- Videos with 3D content can be saved
- Videos in special 60 frames per second format can be saved
- Save videos in ultrahigh resolutions (UHD): 1440p, 2160p, 3072p!
- Videos are saved using friendly file names based on titles retrieved from YouTube
- Choose whether to download video with audio, video-only, or audio-only
- Downloads can be automatically resumed in case of timeouts
How All the Best YouTube Downloader Works
Start Watching the Video You Want to Save
Once All the Best YouTube Downloader is running, head to your web browser and start watching a video you wish to save. It is important that you start from the beginning. Preferably, refresh the web page if it was open before All the Best YouTube Downloader was launched.
All the Best YouTube Downloader Automatically Detects and Saves the Video!
At this point, the program should automatically detect the video and display the Save Video dialog like the one shown below:
Save Video Dialog is displayed whenever the program detects a new video being watched in your web browser.
If you want to keep the video, select the folder and a file name and click Save. If you do not want to save the video, click Cancel and the program will stop recording it.
Save Video Dialog highlights:
- Automatically suggested intelligent file name based on the title of a video you are watching
- Information about the type of a video is clearly displayed
- Option to automatically save all future videos in the program session is always present
- If the video being saved is actually a live stream being broadcasted, it also displays an option to automatically stop capturing it after a set amount of time
Keep Browser Tab or Window with Video Open
As long as you want the video to be saved (captured) by All the Best YouTube Downloader, you should keep the browser tab or window with the video open. You can however mute the volume, or switch to a different tab, window, or program. Simply do not close the window that has the video being played! Also, it is recommended NOT to pause video playback either as this may interfere with download.
All the Best YouTube Downloader operates by scanning Internet traffic for incoming video content. When it sees that there is an incoming video content, it will prompt you to save that video. You can save videos in various formats: FLV, AVI, MP4, MKV for Flash videos; WMV for Silverlight Videos; MOV for QuickTime videos; RM for RealMedia videos; WEBM for WebM videos. It is also possible to convert video from one format to another once it was saved.
You Are Done! That's It! The Video is Saved!
Whenever you begin watching a video in your browser, the program will automatically start saving it in the background, at the same time asking you if you want to keep the video. If you do want to keep the video, you can simply enter a file name and click Save. If you don't want to keep the video, you can click Cancel, and the already saved part will be deleted.
So, saving videos is super-easy: simply start watching one, and click Save - no need to find and paste URLs - everything is done automatically! And you can save videos in various formats: FLV, AVI, MP4 for Flash videos; WMV for Silverlight videos; WEBM for WebM videos; MOV for QuickTime videos; and RM for RealMedia videos.
Save Videos Automatically, without Prompt
Version 5 added automatic saving mode, where no prompt to save the video is shown, and the video is saved automatically to a specified folder with specified file name. In this mode, you won't even notice the program is actually running and saving the videos in the background automatically while you are watching them in your browser!
You can activate autosave mode either for one session or permanently until turned off. It can be further configured in program options.
Learn more about program operation and options in the Online User Guide.
Save Only the Videos You Need & Skip Others
All the Best YouTube Downloader is intelligent enough not to ask you about saving every single video! Some videos may be ads, others may be too short or too small. For these cases, there are predefined video filters that you can customize, preventing the program from saving unwanted videos.
In addition, All the Best YouTube Downloader can detect duplicate video downloads, and will not ask you to save videos that have already been detected previously. This option can be turned off any time.
You can also always temporarily prevent All the Best YouTube Downloader from detecting new videos, while letting it continue download already active videos. This can be accomplished by toggling Skip Mode by either a hot key or a toolbar button.
Not only can All the Best YouTube Downloader save all kinds of videos from the web, but it will save only the ones you actually want!
Info for Geeks
Feel free to skip this section unless you need to see all program options or feel like reading some technical notes.
Customize All the Best YouTube Downloader to suit your needs
Be sure to check out program options to customize various aspects of program's functionality. In particular:
- Verify the program is using proper Internet connection
- Check the timeout settings
- Configure User Interface elements
- Specify which videos should be saved
- Set preferences for saving videos, such as default suggested name, autosave location, preferred format, and others.
NoteCertain options apply to live videos only.
TipYou can learn more about these options in the User Guide.
Protocol SupportThe product does not currently support RTP and UDP protocols, and videos streamed in these protocols will not be detected or saved. In addition, RTMPS, RTMPE, and RTMPT variants of RTMP protocol are not currently supported. Support for these protocols is planned for future versions.
Video ConversionVideo conversion is available for FLV video format only. While in most cases converted videos can be played on modern portable devices, there is no 100% guarantee that converted videos will be playable on such portable devices, as different devices have varying support for video and audio codecs.
CompatibilityProduct is not guaranteed to work correctly if any file sharing applications, other downloaders, or network/bandwidth monitoring tools are running at the same time; or if the product is running in a virtual environment (under a VM).
TimeoutsOccasional timeouts may occur for a number of reasons: the connection to a website from which video is being saved is slow or unreliable; the CPU usage is consistently high; network monitoring tools are running; etc.
Are there any shortcuts in the program?
The following shortcuts and hot keys are available:
In the main window:
- Double-Click on the completed download to open the corresponding video file in your default media player to watch it.
- Alt+F4 - immediately stop all downloads and exit the program.
System Tray Icon:
- Double-Click on the system tray icon to show/hide the main window.
System-wide (you do not have to be in the program’s interface for these shortcuts to work):
- Ctrl+F1 - show YouTube Downloader.
- Ctrl+F5 - skip all videos the program detects. All videos the program will come across will be skipped, and you will not get prompts to save them. Normally you would press this combination before you are about to begin watching a video or videos you know you wouldn’t want to save. This has no effect on the already active downloads.
- Ctrl+F10 - stop monitoring your default Internet connection, so that the program will never ask you to save videos.
Some Video Types
What is Flash Video?
Flash Video is still a very popular video format on the Internet, although its popularity is now declining due to increasing prevalence of HTML5-based video players. In the recent past popular websites like YouTube, Google Video, and many others were using it as their default video format! Basically, Flash Video is one of the main formats used by the still wide-spread Adove Flash Player.
What is WebM Video?
WebM is an emerging video format designed to provide royalty free high quality video compression in an open format for use with HTML5 video on the Internet. The project's development is sponsored by Google. A WebM file consists of VP8 video and Vorbis audio streams, in a container based on a profile of Matroska. The project releases WebM related software under a BSD License and all users are granted a worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free patent license.